That was a special moment
When we were inseparable
You made me feel special and wanted
And I gave all of myself to you
I knew you are fickle-minded
And I thought, in me you could find a home
I’ve been with you through your best
And through your worst.
All I dreamt was to bring you joy
And vowed to never bring you sorrow
I believed you when you promised,
Promised to stay with me until the end
I cannot forget the feelings
of how your attention would drown me in bliss
I relished the times when I never had to speak as you would finish my sentences
And I guess I took you for granted when you left me without a full stop
But, things have changed
and I wonder why you no longer think of me
I was left behind
When you found your next passion that promised you everything I had promised you
I hate to see you regret
when you think of me
I wander around confused
for I have no answer to why you would leave me around
I tried everything I could
But I guess that was fate for you chose to not be mine
I know somewhere deep down you still love me
And you still wish you were with me.
I see you flattering your newest obsessions
And I hope you do not give up on them for I know the pain when you left me
I wonder why you couldn’t give me closure?
And I, like a fool still wait for you
even after you
left me behind as a draft in your box of unfinished stories.
I have always wanted to write a poem with a twist in the end! Super satisfied that I was able to do so! Hope you liked it!
More Power to you!
I was wondering if you folks could share your favourite poems?
You could consider subscribing to my newsletter as well!
- Learn something new every week by making learnings from books, videos and the world that are relevant to daily life.
- Find amazing stuff from the web to peek through the other side of the horizon.
- Some of the content may not be on my Blog.
- You will not be Spammed. Ever. Period.
The Weekly Wisdom Newsletter
Subscribe for 7-minute insights from the world around.
You would be redirected to the Mailchimp form
What will you find here?
- One article on something that is new and relevant to us.
- A Two-Minute-Task that will help you find results based on the article.
- A maximum of three links of things that stood out on the web and are fun/useful. Could be links of videos, articles, music, podcasts or books!
- And lots of love, learning and joy!