There are a few books that touch you. Some books resonate with you deeply. Storyworthy was one such book for me. I picked it up without reading the blurb expecting this book to help me with my short stories. But this book was about life and how we can find stories in our daily lives and bring those stories to life.
This process has helped me better observe my days and enrich my writing as well!!
Storyworthy is about helping us craft better stories that we tell people and also about ways to find new stories. Well, that’s what the author claims it to be.
But, this is a book that make you worthy through telling better stories!
I never expected this book to be wholesome! The author laid himself bare (which is scary), but it is that authenticity that makes this book relatable to us.
The book totally lives up to its name! In the book, Matthew gives us three home works to do to find more stories in our lives and having tried one of those, I’ve been able to experience what he meant all through the book! I was actually able to relate to most of the stuff in there, and that exactly is the point of telling stories!
This is an absolute page-turner! No doubt about that. Storyworthy is read-worthy, re-read worthy and a “Bible for storytelling” worthy.
What I really liked about the book: Matthew showed us his story, unfiltered! That made me relate to him in a way that helped me understand all of the points! He didn’t just preach, but showed the way!
What I didn’t like about the book: I just wish it went on a little longer
This is a book that anyone who wished to connect to people would want to read, for people to sell, market.
This is also a book where anyone can learn how to tell stories of your life with and to family, friends, colleagues and any other social situation they are in!
If you liked this, You may like: Steal like an artist by Austin Kleon.
I Would Rate it:
More Power to you!
You could consider subscribing to my newsletter as well!
- Learn something new every week by making learnings from books, videos and the world that are relevant to daily life.
- Find amazing stuff from the web to peek through the other side of the horizon.
- Some of the content may not be on my Blog.
- You will not be Spammed. Ever. Period.
The Weekly Wisdom Newsletter
Subscribe for 7-minute insights from the world around.
You would be redirected to the Mailchimp form
What will you find here?
- One article on something that is new and relevant to us.
- A Two-Minute-Task that will help you find results based on the article.
- A maximum of three links of things that stood out on the web and are fun/useful. Could be links of videos, articles, music, podcasts or books!
- And lots of love, learning and joy!